OCCA welcomes Lincoln County artists of all ages and levels of experience to show their artwork in the 23rd Annual PushPin Community Show in the Runyan Gallery at the Newport Visual Arts Center (VAC).
All Lincoln County residents including beginners, emerging artists, established professionals, hobbyists and dabblers, youngsters, oldsters, college students and retirees are invited to participate.
Rules for the PushPin Show:
- The artwork must be original. No prints or facsimiles.
- You must be able to hang your artwork with just 4 or fewer pushpins. Each artist should hang their own work.
- Work should be no larger than 48” x 48” so there is enough wall space for everyone.
- This is a family oriented community show, and OCCA asks that the work be appropriate for all audiences.
- Artwork may be for sale, and OCCA encourages you to put a price on your work. OCCA retains a 30% commission if you are an OCCA member and a 35% commission for those who are not members.
Bring your artwork to the Runyan Gallery at the Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Drive, during gallery hours on Friday, Dec. 6 or Saturday, Dec. 7, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.. There will be volunteers ready to help you enter the show. (Artwork must be picked up on January 5.)
The original PushPin Community Show was the brainchild of local artist and art activist Jimmy Frankfort. And while it has grown over the years, it still adheres to an inclusive, all county, community show that exemplifies part of OCCA’s mission to build an “art bridge” between the arts and the community.
It brings together the resources of the VAC, the diverse talents of the many community artists, and the public to share in the creation, celebration and support of local art. Visitors to the PushPin Community Show will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite piece.
The “People’s Choice” winner and runners up, determined by votes submitted throughout the show, will be announced at the gallery opening reception in January. For more information please call Sally Houck, OCCA Director/VAC, at 541-265-6569.