Celebrating 35 years, the non-profit Oregon Coast Council for the Arts (OCCA) is based in the thriving central Oregon coast town of Newport.
- OCCA is the hub of arts opportunities as the “go-to” source for information on Oregon coast arts and culture, connecting residents and visitors to all arts activities in an easy accessible manner.
- OCCA offers exceptional variety by providing access to an immense range of artistic experiences – there really is “something for everyone.”
- OCCA provides world-class arts experiences by bringing to our local community performances, educational opportunities and cultural events, highlighting local treasures and providing access to world-renowned artists.
- OCCA strengthens the arts by ensuring that the Oregon coast has a rich and vibrant arts community through the support and promotion of arts and cultural organizations and individual artists.
- OCCA nurtures the artist in everyone by providing a range of educational opportunities for professional and amateur artists alike – so that they can cultivate their creative spirits.
OCCA’S ROLE AS REGIONAL ARTS COUNCIL
OCCA serves as regional arts council for coastal Clatsop, Tillamook, Lincoln, Coos and Curry counties, as well as the coastal towns of Lane and Douglas counties. What does this mean?
OCCA’S FACILITY MANAGEMENT
OCCA manages the Newport Performing Arts Center and the Newport Visual Arts Center.