May 3 – 31, June 2 – 30
- Chasse’s 5 week handbuilding class is about the fundamentals of working with clay. If you have always wanted to experiment with clay this class will introduce you to the vast possibilities awaiting. Students will explore pinched forms, slab construction, and an introduction to glazing. Experienced students can expand their skills with more complex projects. The cost of the class includes clay, glaze and firing for class projects. All skill levels welcome.
- Day and evening classes available.
- Maximum of 8 students – All skill levels welcome – Ages 14 and older
- Additional time will be available to work on projects outside of class time. Dates and times will be determined during class.
- Chasse Davidson began her journey with clay 28 years ago as she studied ceramics in high school and college and went on establishing her home studio. She began teaching ceramics in 2011 at Toledo Clayworks where she assumed management in 2015. Today, Chasse once again works in her home studio in Newport and continues to encourage the growth of the coastal clay community through her involvement with the Visual Art Center’s new ceramic studio.
- Questions contact Sara Siggelkow, Arts Education Manger, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-574-3364