- Clay carving is a relaxing event that can be enjoyed by anyone – no clay or art experience necessary. Learn the basic skills of removing clay to reveal a design. Then apply your new skills to carve two tiles that can be used as a coaster, wall hanging or anything else you can imagine. All materials and tools provided. Due to the time necessary to fire and finish the tiles, all finished pieces will be available for pick-up 1 week after class.
- Classes are from 6-7:30pm at the Newport Visual Arts Center. There are two sessions to choose from: Thursday May 5 and Wednesday May 18.
- Maximum of 10 students – All skill levels welcome – Ages 16 and over
- In addition to being OCCA’s Arts Education Manger, Sara Siggelkow is a fiber, paper and teaching artist. Her work has been in multiple galleries in Colorado, Wisconsin, in addition to the Lincoln County Cultural Center and the Newport Visual Arts Center.
- Questions contact Sara Siggelkow, Arts Education Manger, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-574-3364