This workshop is designed for people who are new to drawing from life, people who believe they “can’t” draw, and those who just want a fresh perspective.
This six-week course will provide a friendly environment in which we will begin learning to draw what we see. We will employ both traditional drawing exercises and experimental approaches, and we will consider basic drawing concepts such as space, weight, line, shadow, movement, and composition. Looking at examples from the art of diverse eras and cultures, we will explore how we perceive, interpret, and choose to represent the world around us. Subjects will include still life, portraits, and landscape (the ocean view from the VAC!). We will experiment using different types of pencils, charcoals, pens, inks and papers. This workshop is designed to be a welcoming space in which everyone can explore and learn from one another.
- $215 Including including paper and all drawing tools. Optional – you can bring any charcoal, pencils, erasers and other drawing tools you like to experiment with – Scholarships Available – Contact Sara at 541-574-3364
- Thursdays October 6, 13, 20, 27 and November 3 and 10. From 5-8pm at the Newport Visual Arts Center
- All Skill Levels welcome, age 16 and up
- Minimum students 5 Maximum Students 15
- Carol Shenk is a mixed-media artist and illustrator living on the Oregon Coast. She has B.A. in Fine Art from the University of Oregon, and her mixed-media artwork has recently been shown at OSU’s Giustina Gallery in Corvallis and at the Newport Visual Arts Center. Her work can be viewed at carolshenk.com.”
- Questions contact Sara Siggelkow, Arts Education Manger, at email@example.com or 541-574-3364