Aspiring artists of all ages and abilities are invited to display their work at the second annual Community Art Show. This non-juried art show is open to everyone, as part of Lincoln City’s annual Community Days Celebration.
Center staff will be accepting artwork on Thursday and Friday, April 25 and 26, from 10 am to 4 pm, and on Saturday, April 27, from 10 am until 2 pm. Once the show is ready, the artists can invite their friends and family to a special reception, with refreshments, from 2-4 p.m. on Saturday, April 27, in the Elizabethan Room (formerly known as the Artists White Room).
The rules are simple:
1) One submission per person. Two-dimensional works must be ready to hang, with tacks on the corners or a wire hanger in the back. Three-dimensional works should be ready to sit on a pedestal or rest on the floor.
2) Small pieces that will require a glass case, such as jewelry, will not be accepted.
3) Art must be family friendly, and appropriate for all ages.
4) Each participant must fill out a short registration form, providing contact information. The artist must indicate if the piece is for sale, and if so, the price.
5) Works that are for sale will be subject to a 35% commission, which will go toward the upkeep of the Lincoln City Cultural Center.
6) After the show is over on May 20, artists must pick up their work at the cultural center during normal business hours. Works that are not picked up within 90 days become the property of the LCCC.