The Oregon Coast Council for the Arts is accepting proposals for the 25th Annual Newport Paper & Book Arts Festival. The 2020 Festival is April 16-19 with workshops held at the Newport Visual Arts Center and additional locations around Newport and in Toledo. We welcome new and innovative techniques as well as traditional processes, including but not limited to: Assemblage, Book Arts, Collage, Dyeing, Mixed Media, Paper Making, Paper Manipulation, Printing, Specialty Binding Techniques and Surface Design.
We are looking for one and two-day workshops. Workshop hours are from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with an hour break from 12-1. Our classrooms vary in size, accommodating 8-16 students. In your proposal(s), please indicate how many students you are willing to teach. Final class size will be determined by room size and availability.
We encourage you to submit multiple workshops for consideration.
Instructors receive: (Note increases and changes in instructor payments and per diems)
1. Instructors are paid based on the number of students that attend the class. $400 for 6-10 students, $450 for 11 or more students.
2. Materials fee per student, that reflects the total cost of the materials provided by the instructor for the workshop.
3. Complimentary lunch on the day(s) you instruct.
4. Travel Stipend of $0.15 a mile roundtrip (shortest route), up to $250.
5. Room and Board per diem of $90 for each day you teach, if you live 50 or more miles from Newport.
6. An invitation to show work for sale in the 2020 NPAF Instructor’s Show in the Upstairs Gallery. (OCCA members receive a 65% artist commission; non-OCCA members receive a 60% artist commission.)
7. 25% off the registration fee of any workshops taken at the festival. (Materials fees and lunches not included.)
Fill out the form – download as a PDF or as a Word doc (or contact Sara for an electronic version) – and return with a minimum of three jpeg images (250 or more dpi) and/or samples, per proposal to email@example.com. Please retain a copy of each proposal for yourself.
The deadline for proposals is October 15, 2019.
Please send in your proposals as soon as possible ahead of the deadline. Don’t wait until the last minute to submit!
Note: Proposals that are incomplete or are postmarked after September 30 will not be considered.
We will email proposal acceptance confirmations in late October. At that time, we will supply further information about the festival schedule.
Mail to: NPBAF/OCCA, PO BOX 1315, NEWPORT OR 97365 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions contact Sara Siggelkow, festival coordinator, at email@example.com or 608-346-0697.