2024 NEWPORT PAPER & BOOK ARTS FESTIVAL XXVII
Sponsored by Oregon Coast Council for the Arts
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
DEADLINE: October 28, 2023
Oregon Coast Council for the Arts is accepting proposals for the Annual Newport Paper & Book Arts Festival. The 2024 Festival will take place April 11, 12, and 13, with workshops held at the Newport Visual Arts Center and additional locations around Newport and in Toledo. We welcome new and innovative techniques as well as traditional processes, including but not limited to: Assemblage, Book Arts, Collage, Dyeing, Mixed Media, Paper Making, Paper Manipulation, Printing, Specialty Binding Techniques and Surface Design. We have had many requests for more workshops in in collage, mixed media and assemblage and are looking for proposals in these areas.
We are looking for one and two-day workshops.
The two-day workshops will be held on Thursday and Friday. Workshop hours are from 9-4:30, with an hour break from 12-1 Our classrooms vary in size, accommodating 8-16 students. In your proposal(s), please indicate how many students you are willing to teach. Final class size will be determined by room size and availability. We encourage you to submit multiple workshops for consideration.
Instructors are paid based on the number of students that attend the class. $400 for 6-10 students, $450 for 11 or more students.
1. Materials fee per student, that reflects the total cost of the materials provided by the instructor for the workshop.
2. Complimentary lunch on the day(s) you instruct.
3. Travel Stipend of $0.45 a mile roundtrip (shortest route), up to $300.
4. Room and board per diem of $110 for each day you teach, if you live 50 or more miles from Newport.
5. An invitation to show work for sale in the Newport Paper & Book Arts Invitational Exhibition. (OCCA members receive a 65% artist commission; non-OCCA members receive a 60% artist commission.)
6. 25% off the registration fee of any workshops taken at the festival. (Materials fees and lunches not included.)
Images are what sell a workshop. Attach a minimum of three high-resolution images for the workshop, plus one of yourself (.jpg or .png format, 300+ dpi at 10″ x 10″ or larger) suitable for inclusion in print and web publicity, per proposal. One of the images should be an overview and one should be a close-up. Please retain a copy of each proposal for yourself.
Deadline for proposals to be received is October 28, 2023
Please send in your proposals as soon as possible ahead of the deadline. Don’t wait until the last minute to submit! We will email proposal acceptances the first part of November. At that time, we will supply further information about the festival schedule.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PROPOSAL FORM
When finished, please email to: email@example.com
Questions? Contact Sara Siggelkow at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-574-3364